RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Fridge wont work blue wire on back fuse panel not connected…

Customer Question
Fridge wont work blue...

Fridge wont work blue wire on back fuse panel not connected don't know where it connects

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.

Dont have manual

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

Its a 2005 Nomad, and the model is a 200 LTd

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your LTD yourself? What have you tried so far?

The blue wire on the back of the fridge is unhooked, I don't know where to hook it up but I think that's why the fridge isn't working.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
8/4/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

That blue wire is most likely a test point wire and does not get hooked up.

1. What is the make and model of the fridge?

2. Is the fridge turning on at all? Is the display panel and interior light coming ON?

Robert

dometic , don't know the model of the fridge
Yes the interior light comes on, you hear a clicking noise as if it is determining between running on AC or DC
But it won't kick on to either one.

Please allow me several mins to type a response.

Thanks. Robert

It is a 120 VAC 60 Hz 3.5A
120 VDC 19.2 a
Model : 3 Way
pART NO: (###) ###-####01

I really doubt the blue wire has anything to do with this, many dometics have a blue wire that is a test wire.

When you are plugged into power and the fridge is in auto it should always want to work on electric, if you loose the AC power then the fridge will default to LP, when the AC power comes back it will switch back to electric.

The fridge needs good 12 volts to run the circuit board, if you had low DC voltage it can cause this. Make sure the outlet the fridge is plugged into has voltage. IF needed you can get an extension cord and plug it into another source outside of the RV.

That is not the model number, inside the door to the right is a sticker, most Dometics start with a DM or RM and number.
Robert

We have had it plugged in directly to our house power and it will not work. It has a freezer component that is cool but not cold, The fridge is not cold. It won't run on gas or power. Mod. Number is *****

So you need to check the 12 volt supply to make sure it is good.

When it is on electric you would not hear anything at all, if you are hearing a clicking noise coming from the circuit board I suspect the board is the issue IF you have good DC voltage going to it. Below is a service manual for you to help you troubleshoot.

Sometimes a fridge can appear to be working but the box not cooling, that would mean it stays or electric or the gas flame is going. IF there is a clicking noise when you are plugged into power I suspect the relay on the board has failed or low DC voltage.

Robert

http://techsupport.pdxrvwholesale.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Dometic-Refrigerator-Diagnostic-Service-Manual-RM2554.pdf

thank you

No problem at all.

Robert