RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a 2004 Itasca Horizon, just purchased used. The AC…

We have a 2004...

We have a 2004 Itasca Horizon, just purchased used. The AC seemed to work fine the first few days, but now it doesn't seem to get a cold. We are changing the filter, which was dirty, but not super dirty. We wondered if there was a recharge or flush we could do? The model sticker is worn off and unreadable.

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the Plymouth? How has your mileage been lately?

Why are you asking about a Plymouth and I'm not sure what the mileage has to do with anything, however it has 70k miles.

Mechanic's Assistant: I'm just trying to get information to help you.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Horizon yourself? What have you tried so far?

We are fixing it ourself if possible, we haven't tried anything yet because we don't know the model of the system to google anything specific. We will replace the filter but we didn't think it was dirty enough to cause the reduced cold air. Maybe it will be.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

8/1/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

I do have some info for you which might be helpful. Winnebago during this time frame used what is called a basement model. They are much more difficult to work on vs the roof AC units because everything is enclosed on them.

What I might do is have a mobile RV tech come service and diagnose the unit. No more then two hours of labor.

Below are some helpful links for you, I looked up the model and it is a 6535 unit

Robert

http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/rvp/6535heatpump.pdf

https://community.fmca.com/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=4237

It is a basement unit. Coach is a diesel pusher.

Yes I already stated that in my reply, maybe you did not get my response, I will repost.

Robert

Thank you. We are currently home, getting ready to leave in a few days for our next trip. We will put the new filter in a see it that does the trick. If we need to have service how much is that? It's not urgent and could wait until Monday.

I would say 1 hour to diagnose the problem and they depending on what the issue is labor times will go up. One hour is very reasonable to troubleshoot.

Robert

Thank you. Do you know the hourly rate? Or at least a range of hourly rate that could be expected?

It really varies, 80-150 you can call around and save money, some mobile RV techs might have a cheaper rate but will charge for the drive.

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic