RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We plugged in small fan in gfi outlet while Coffee pot

We plugged in small...

We plugged in small fan in gfi outlet while Coffee pot plugged in...no electrical outlets working.thanks, kim

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2020 coachman leprachaun 31 ft

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried outside campground circuit, turned off large knob

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, just need help ...need coffee

8/1/2020
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Good morning! I have an RV repair facility and work on these systems for a living. Please give me a few minutes to type up an answer here for you. And don't be alarmed if I don't get right back to you when you respond. We work on more than one question at a time here when it is busy like it is now. I may be on a phone chat with another customer and typically those last less than 5 minutes. Your patience is appreciated! Thanks! Randall

Ok

I get it that you can't be without coffee, Kim! Start by checking the breakers in the load center. Flip them off and back on again. Then check the GFCI outlets and push the reset button to reset it. If it won't reset it may be damaged or it might be that there is no AC power to it. If you have an inverter/charger then check the breakers on that to see if one tripped. And don't overlook the power source itself. I hope this points you in the right direction here. Please get back to me again if you need more on this. Thanks! Randall

Where is load center. 1st time camping in this

I see you asked for a phone chat and I can do this for you as soon as your bank clears the payment for this upgrade in service. It is probably just a Fraud Alert and that can take some time so please be patient. Randall

Low down near the floor level or on the bed pedestal. Dark brown or black. Most are about 20" square. Open it up to expose the fuses and service breakers.

This is crazy...just opened two panels in bedroom both have water valves behind them

Most of these are in the cabin area in the kitchen or by the entry door.

Found it..now what

Flip the breakers off and then back on again. Was it just to the right of the door going into the hallway?

No next to kitchen table on wall

10-4

Did not work...flipped breakers on and off...no outlets ate workingAre

Did you check any breakers AT the power source?

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

You checked the GFCI outlets? One in the kitchen area and one in the bathroom area.

Sorry, the grandkids were making me crazy. Had to get them off on their kayaks. Finally, peace and yes the receptacle in the bathroom turned on all the outlets again...XTRA LARGE cup of joe! Amen...Thank You So Very Much! PEACE, Kim

Great! Glad you were able to find that and have a good cup of Joe! Try some Dark Canyon from South Dakota sometime. We sell that in our bookstore clear out here in California! Be safe.