RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Will not switch to AC mode after plugging in at camp site.

Will not switch to...

Will not switch to AC mode after plugging in at camp site

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

Not the AC when we plug in the camper Olathe lights are dim

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

Forest river sandpiper 2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Unplugging from power and flipping all the breakers

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

The lights are dim and not up to full power

7/31/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What will not switch to AC mode the fridge?

Thanks, Robert

The whole camper

Please allow me several mins to type a response.
Thanks, Robert

Sounds like you may have an issue with the supply post at the park, unplug the cord from the supply post and shut the breaker off then plug back in and turn the breaker back ON, you should have all the AC power coming into the RV, if the AC power is missing the power converter is not going to charge the batteries and they are going to be dim.

I might have someone come out and inspect the outlet you are plugging into or try another one if at all possible. These outlets at parks get abused pretty good, I went to a state park in Oregon recently and the camper next to me was having all kinds of issues. Need to rule out the source to start.
Robert

Ok let me try thatThat got it. Thank youWhere is the converter located on our camper?

Glad you got it...

Hard for me to say as each year and floor plan can be in a different area, if it is part of the main fuse/breaker panel you will see two fuses away from the others.

IF it is a stand alone style it will plug into an outlet, could be under the fridge, stove, behind the breaker panel etc, you may hear the fan running on it as well.
Robert

How do we get that information for our 2004 forest river sandpiper

We answer per issue and your problem is taken care of.

I would open another question up as we answer per issue. I may or may not be able to help on that.

Have a great weekend. Robert

Thank you!

No problem.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic