RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My refer just suddenly n gas or eletricty. I have a travel…

My refer just suddenly...

My refer just suddenly n gas or eletricty

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you noticed an increase in fuel consumption? And how does the vehicle start—same as usual?

I have a travel trailer

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

1992 sportsman travel trailer

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Open gas line can smell gas, checked electrical fuses and power cord from house. Gas up to the shut off, fuses are good

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Nothing

7/23/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

What is the Make and Model of the fridge, should be a sticker inside the door.

Is the control panel turning on or the interior light ON inside the box?

Thanks, Robert

Norcold Model 6052I am hearing impaired perfer chat

What is the exact issue, is the control panel and interior light ON? OR the fridge appears to be working but the box is not cooling?
No worries on a call, I do not offer the phone services, the company Just Answer does, not me. Robert

My travel camper is connected to the house power, the fridge was on but went off can not get the gas nor electricity on to the fridge
I checked the connections outside and gas is coming to the valve and checked the fuses all goo

Please allow me several mins to type a response.

Thanks, Robert

The fridge will not turn on by gas nor electricity.

Understand, please allow me several mins to type a detailed response.

Robert

ok

The fridge requires good DC battery voltage to turn on and work, I would verify you have 12 volts going into the circuit board. IF you have 12 volts going into the circuit board unplug the fridge from the outlet and remove the cover on the circuit board, the circuit board is under the outside access panel. On the board are some fuses, one fuse is for the DC side or what allows the fridge to power on, the other fuse is for the AC side or what allows it to work on AC power.

IF you have good DC voltage and the fuse is not blown then it is going to be an issue with the circuit board OR the display panel that you use to turn the fridge on with. The only way to tell is to do some troubleshooting with a volt meter, below is a link for a service manual for this series fridge, it will allow you to do some more in depth troubleshooting. A volt meter will be required.
Robert

Link.

http://techsupport.pdxrvwholesale.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Norcold-Refer-Model-6000-Service-Manual.pdf

Ok Robert will check the instructions out and thanks

No problem at all.

IF you need more help please let me know, I am around daily and respond when I can.

Have a great day. Robert

You have a great day

Thanks!

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic