RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Its an AES (automatic energy selector) designer series rn…

Customer Question
Its an AES (automatic...

Its an AES (automatic energy selector) designer series rn 7030. wont stay in the running condition shuts off check light comes on. there is also a AC light on the control panel and it does not light ever. AES light and gas is all that light up. Just purchased a month ago....DS

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

There is a 12v control panel on the top of the fridge doors it show the condition or state of operating and needs 12v all the time. it has that although it will shut of, for no apparent reason and i can also restart it with the on / off button on this same panel, and it works for awhile and then the check light comes on and it stop chillin.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

ITS A 1995 SIGNATURE 40 CROWN ROYAL BY MONACO

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Monaco yourself? What have you tried so far?

NO I HAVENT TRIED ANYTHING, EXCEPT RESTARTING IT FROM THE CONTROL PANEL.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

THATS IT

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
7/20/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me several mins to type a response.
Thanks. Robert

Below is a service manual for you, I am going to cover a few items and then you can look the service manual over.

For the fridge not working on AC power I would check the outlet the fridge is plugged into, the fridge turns on with DC power, this means if the outlet did not have voltage the fridge will still turn on and work on gas. IF the outlet has power I would leave the cord unplugged and pull the cover on the circuit board, the circuit board is under the outside access panel. The cover comes off the board and you will see some fuses, if the AC fuse was blown then it would not work on electric.

IF the outlet has voltage, the fuse is not blown then the circuit board or display panel is the problem and the service manual will help narrow that down.

For the check light it could be a number of items, make sure the DC supply going into the fridge is over 12 volts, if the voltage was dropping off it would be a problem, if the fridge works for a period of time the thermo couple would be suspect, look over the service manual it should help out.

Robert

Service manual (link)

https://rvrefrigeratorrepair.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/Dometic-Service-RM7030.pdf