RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

No hot water. No hot water in my 2018 Fleetwood surge 25G.

No hot water. Mechanic's...

No hot water.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

No hot water in my 2018 Fleetwood surge 25G. We have a blue pilot light flame.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Water heater

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

Camping

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

No, everything else seems to be working

7/11/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me several mins to type a response.

Thanks. Robert

Ok

IF the flame is going the water in the tank should be hot.

Make sure the bypass valve for the water heater is in the proper position. Many times you will have a hot, cold and bypass. The hot and cold should be open or valve handle running with the pipe and the bypass closed or valve handle against the pipe. You would have to go inside the RV opposite of the outside access panel and fund the lines going into the water heater, you may have to remove a false panel or some drawers to access the valves.

IF that is not the issue you may have a failed check valve, below is a link for a picture, the check valve screws into the tank, it can be brass or plastic and have tiny arrows on it for direction of flow, when the spring and disc fall out it can block the flow of hot water.

IF you have an on demand water heater please let me know as they are a bit different.

Robert

Check valve.

I will check

Sounds good.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Robert,
Can you provide step by step on turning on hot water in a 2018 Fleetwood Surge 25 G or provide link on how too?

IF you have a direct ignition water heater you have a switch inside the RV you turn on and it gets the flame going, the propane tank would need to be on and you would need to make sure water is in the tank.

IF you have a pilot model then you would have to light it off from under the outside access panel and the instructions are normally under the panel.

IF you can get me the make and model of the water heater it will help.

Robert