RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Where is the hydrolic pump and reservoir on a 2003 Tiffin…

Where is the hydrolic...

Where is the hydrolic pump and reservoir on a 2003 Tiffin allegro

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fluids recently?

No I don't know where it is

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '03 RV?

31BA Tiffin Allegro 2003

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes but my right rear jack won't retract. I need to know where I put fluid in it

7/11/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

You never want to add fluid when the jacks are retracted as the fluid gets pushed back to the tank when they retract, if you have a jack not retracting it could be a solenoid issue for the jack, bent jack or another issue but it should not be a fluid problem. IF you run the jacks and listen for the pump/motor the resevivor will be connected to the pump/motor so you can go to that area to locate it. IT will take Dexron (ATF) fluid but they have to be checked with ALL the jacks retracted.

IF you can send me a photo of the control panel you use to operate the jacks I may be able to send you a service manual or provide you some direction on manually getting the jack up. You can add photos into your reply using the paper clip icon on the page.

Robert

I followed the lines to the front of the RV it looks like a battery. It has vent on top and I didn't know if that is the place I check the fluidIs this the place I check the fluid?

IF you can send me a photo I should be able to tell, you can add photos into your response using the paper clip icon on the page.

HWH does use a square looking box, it would be connected to the pump/motor. I am not sure which system they used that year.

Robert

Again if you top the fluid off with a jack retracted you are going to have a big mess when it retracts.

I will extend the revelers and check and see if I'm in the right place

10-4

Robert

I will let you know soon

Take your time.

Robert

Tks

No problem.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic