RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Looking for wiring between panel n water heater connection…

Customer Question
Looking for wiring between...

Looking for wiring between panel n water heater connection for a jayco 4250.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

Yes no leaks

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2016 seismic wave 4250

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Wave yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

12 volts coming from control panel. Do not have 12 volt from water heater is there another switich

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/10/2020
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

I have a Jayco 4250 travel trailer control panel inside I have the Atwood water heater 10 gallon serial number 60 to 98671 I have 12 volts DC at the control panel in the trailer outside on my orange and white wire I have nothing

Good morning! I have an RV repair facility and work on these systems for a living. I can tell you that almost never is that the case. It will have a fuse in the main load center and then some models have a thermal fuse on the positive feed into the control boards like on Atwood models. If that isn't yours then look for a bad ground or a loose connection. Randall