RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My 2020 Thor Hurricane 35m has two air conditioners, but…

My 2020 Thor Hurricane...

My 2020 Thor Hurricane 35m has two air conditioners, but struggles to get the temperature five degrees under the temperature outside. Sometimes the lights and the air conditioners all turn off without any obvious reason. Also, throughout the day if I do not keep an eye on the thermostat the whole thing will reset and shut off. This has happened at least three separate times. One time the interior was 93 while outside was 89. Another time it was 103 inside but only 87 outside. The third time it was 97 inside and outside was 87. I have three cats and a dog. I need to know why my RV is doing this so that I can ensure that it remains a safe place for my animals while I’m away during the day.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

The lights that are controlled by the same panel as the thermostat.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '20 RV?

Thor Hurricane 35 M

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing so far. Just trying to figure out what it wrong so I can talk to Thor and get it repaired if necessary.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

7/8/2020
RV Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic

Welcome to Just Answer I'm Chris aka Moose, I'm sorry you are having problems with your RV. I will do my best to help you get this resolved. If I happen to be helping another or step away during our communication, please know I will follow up as soon as I am back available/online.

It does take campers a while to cool since there walls and roof are thin so there is not a lot of insulation but over time they should catch up making the temp inside nice and cool near 68-74 even on the hottest of days as long as HIGH humidity in the camper is not an issue causing the evaporators to freeze up. I believe you are experiencing a faulty operating thermostat that is either turning on the heat or only allowing the fan to work, not the AC compressor. I recommend you utilize your warranty for this.

Thank you for visiting Just Answer, I hope I was able to answer your question. If you need to follow up on this concern please use the reply button. If you are satisfied with my answer please reply, let me know so I can complete your question. Stay safe (Covid). Moose

Thank you.

You are welcome

Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic