RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

While my fridge is running on propane it runs for a little…

Customer Question
While my fridge is...

While my fridge is running on propane it runs for a little while then trips out the overheat sensor (snapdisc) then everything shuts off until it cools down enough to reset it again then can turn it back on again

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant? Have you checked for a leak in the cooling system?

How would I check that. I believe it works ok on electric

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

Keystone impact by fusion 312

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Fusion?

2016

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fusion yourself? What have you tried so far?

I saw inside the fridge that the thermistor had fallen from holder and was hanging inside put it back up in holder and tried it again but same thing happens

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

I think that is it

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
7/8/2020
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Ok

Good evening! I have an RV repair facility and work on these systems for a living. May I have the make and model of this fridge please?

It's a dometic fridge not sure of model number

I pretty much need to know this. Are you at the fridge now or not?

I can be I'll go out to it. Where do I find model number

Inside the fridge on the wall. "RM" or "DM" and some numbers.

DmIt will run for a little while on propane then trips the overheat snap disc and shuts everything totally off until it cools enough to reset it

I am adding a link to the Service Manual that we use for this model. It is the same controls as the RM version. Start by testing the thermistor as per the manual. Glass of ice water and a small digital multimeter for that testing. About $20 or so at most local hardware stores. Look at the area around the base of the burner area for any yellowish debris which would be a sign of cooling unit failure. Disconnect the thermistor on the control board and allow the fridge to run for a few hours and see if it will cool down properly. The thermal disc may need to be replaced. http://techsupport.pdxrvwholesale.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Dometic-Refrigerator-Diagnostic-Service-Manual-RM2852.pdf