RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Had the jacks down. Raised them up but the jacks down light…

Customer Question
Had the jacks down...

Had the jacks down. Raised them up but the jacks down light was still on. Checked the fluid level , its ok. Could not find any kind of sensor that might be bad. Just bought this motor home and I don't know much about it.

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

On the dash where the jacks control is.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2000 Fleetwood Southwind 35s

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked the fluid level the fluid level and looked for a sensor that might be bad. Could not find any sensor

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

I'm a new owner and have no experience with thing.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
7/7/2020
RV Mechanic: Mike Mcmillan, RV Body Repairer replied 2 years ago
Mike Mcmillan
Mike Mcmillan, RV Body Repairer

Hello and thank you for using Just Answer. My name is ***** ***** I'd like to try and help. I am sorry that you are having issues with your RV, I know this can be frustrating. On your issue, Usually there is a micro switch that is on the cylinders for the jacks. This will trip when the jacks are all the way up to shut the lamps off. I would go around them and look for these switches. They are a normally closed switch and they open when they are dropped. So they can be checked with a multi meter to see switch one is bad. I hope this helps with your question. Thank you

Thanks