RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Our dometic freezer keep getting all frosted up, we've added…

Our dometic freezer keep...

Our dometic freezer keep getting all frosted up, we've added an extra seal all around ....but after i've defrosted it....sure enough....frost everywhere! Please help

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2018 Sprinter RV Coachman....just put in a new fridge last year (long story...but the old one did the same) It It

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Sprinter yourself? What have you tried so far?

It's a DM2852RBX refrigerator

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

We are in humid Texas....we made the drain (that goes to the outside) a little longer....in case humidity was getting in that way, also added and extra "seal" all around, added a shim (to handle) to put more pressure, we even put a light coat of vaseline around it all. UGH! Help!!! Thinking of trying to put a magnetic gasket around

7/3/2020
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Ok

Good morning! I have an RV repair facility and work in these for a living. Those can be an issue and I would make sure that the gasket isn't torn or have a bad edge and that the handle is holding the door closed properly. It can be some hinges that need replacing sometimes if those have been "tweaked" at some point. In the shop we check this using a dollar bill around the doors and it should resist being pulled out. Hard to do with Vaseline on the seals! Start there and then let me know if you need more. Try not putting any foods in there that aren't in sealed containers as well. Randall

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
this is a brand new refrigerator.....but like I said ....the old one did this too. We have a commerical millwork company, so we would do all the work ourselves. Thinking now of using magnet gasketWe've tried the o'l dollar bill trick...and yes....it is not sealing

It may be defective on the gaskets or the doors. It should still be under warranty and you might want to give Dometic Customer Service a call at(###) ###-####and follow the prompts. Have the Product Number and Serial Number handy. Please let me know what they have to report. Randall