RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Bottom fridge wont get cold. 2019 genesis supreme 19SS. Iv…

Customer Question
Bottom fridge wont get...

Bottom fridge wont get cold

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2019 genesis supreme 19SS

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Genesis yourself? What have you tried so far?

Ya .... iv tried messing with that stupid temp slider on the fins

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Ya ... everything seems normal and connected on the outside in the access door

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
7/2/2020
RV Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic

Welcome to Just Answer I'm Chris aka Moose, I'm sorry you are having problems with your RV. I will do my best to help you get this resolved. If I happen to be helping another or step away during our communication, please know I will follow up as soon as I am back available/online.

• Do you know the brand and model of your fridge?
HiDometic fridgeThe freezer is working but the fridge isntDometic

Are the fins at the top of the fridge not getting cold at all, there is no frost on them even though the bottom of the freezer is ice cold?

Slightly cold, no frost

Thanks, ***** ***** on shore power or propane?

How long has the fridge been on?

Do you have an infrared temp gun to see what the temp is for the fins and freezer bottom?

Its plugged in to the house it's been on for 8 hours dont have a temp gunIt's done this 1 time before and when I took it to get looked at the guys told me something came unplugged but when I looked at it everything seemed to be in its placed

Thanks,

Can you check the vents on the outside of the camper for the back of the fridge to see if there is anything in there like a rodent causing airflow blockage? How hot was it inside the camper before you turned it on? I ask because 8 hours may not be enough run time. It takes a long time for the bottom half to get cold. Is the camper level?

Nothing is blocking airflow it's a 2019 .... it was pretty hot inside and it is level

Is the fridge full of things already cold, things needing to be cooled, or is it empty?

Any water droplets or ice present on the top of the fridge under the freezer?

Its empty and no water or ice

Thanks for those details.

I suggest you give it more time. At least 12 hours. When it is really hot outside sometimes it just takes a while for the fridge to cool off especially when empty without cold things inside to help it out. In the morning if the temp is not near 34 degrees then you need to see if there is an ammonia heating or flow concern. You will want to check the temp someway. If you do not have a temp testing tool. A meat cooking thermometer will work. The fridge should still be under warranty if repairs are needed.

Thank you for visiting Just Answer, I hope I was able to answer your question. If you need to follow up on this concern please use the reply button. If you are satisfied with my answer please reply, let me know so I can complete your question. Stay safe (Covid). Moose

Ok I'll check it in the morning ... thanks for your help

Keep in touch.

It appears you have no more follow-up replies. I'm going to mark your question complete before it times out. Keep in touch if needed.