RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a Dometic RM1350SLMX, freezer is cold but frig is 59…

Second opinion] I have...

Second opinion] I have a Dometic RM1350SLMX, freezer is cold but frig is 59 degrees, It is new and only been used 3 times. I turned it on a few days ago and it went to 35 degrees . I put a small amount of groceries in and checked the next day and it was showing 60 degrees. I had it set on 5 .

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2017 keystone cougar 336fls I think

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Cougar yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes I would prefer to fix myself, checked airflow and it looks good , fan is working and freezer is cold, tried on gas also and same result

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you noticed an increase in fuel consumption? And how does the Cougar start—same as usual?

No

7/1/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

I would ohm out the thermistor and make sure it is good, below is a link for a service manual the testing is on page 13.

Normally if you get poor cooling in the box on BOTH sources the fans. door gasket, thermistor or cooling unit is the issue.

You have already verified the fans so that is not the issue.

Get a dollar bill and shut it between the seals and make sure the bill does not fall in any areas, if you had voids in the door gasket the box may not get cold.

You could also have a cooling unit problem, when the ammonia solution inside the box stop circulating you will loose cooling. Get a rubber mallet and try tapping the cooling unit coils on the back of the fridge and see if that helps any. Also make sure the fridge is level. The freezer will always get cold long before the box will so it is VERY possible to have a cooling unit problem with the freezer working.

IF you are still under warranty I would have a shop take a look at this for you.

Hope this helps, see manual link below.

Robert

Link.

https://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/Service%20Manual,%20RM1350.pdf

ok thanks

No problem at all.

Have a safe and happy 4th!

Robert

you too

Thanks!

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic