RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a norcold 1210 frige. cools sometimes then not.

Customer Question
I have a norcold...

I have a norcold 1210 frige. cools sometimes then not. replaced thermistor, also checked ohums, ok. ckecked continuity of thermistor wire at control board, ok. outside upper fans run when its real hot out. I read that if changing temp # 1-9 and the # flashes then its running in default mode. is that true? also there is a temp overload circuit box out side next to control board, it has a led light on it, it has never come on? any thoughts Joe

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you know the model of your Norcold fridge? How old is it?

1210, 2 years old

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Norcold refrigerator? What have you tried so far?

1 1/2 years. replaced thermistor, checked continuity of thermistor wire at board and ohums, all ok moved thermistor many times to different locations,

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Should the led light be on, that is in the high temp circuit board.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
I did not finish my message. I replaced the thermistor, with 3 new ones, all tested good with ohm test. Also checked continuity at control board. On p2 strip #1 and #6 to plug inside frig, good continuity. Is it possible the board# ***** is bad.
Joe
6/30/2020
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Good afternoon! I have an RV repair facility and work on these systems for a living. More likely that the control board is bad than to need 3 new thermistors. And the red light is NOT supposed to be on. If it is there is something wrong. I am adding a link to the Norcold Service Manual for this model for you. Print it out so you have it. And if this installation is on a slide out there is a good chance that this is part of the cooling problem as I find that almost none of these are installed according to specs. Most need some modifications to work properly, especially in hot weather. I hope this points you in the right direction here. Thanks! Randall http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/ncold1210.pdf

Thank you. It is not on the slide out, but good point

O.K. Just checking all the bases.

Thanks again. With the thermistor working, and information not being used by the control board, I am leaning towards the board itself. I am going to hook up a thermistor directly to pins 1 and 6 and see if the board senses it.
Cheers ***** ***** keep you informed

10-4. And you are most welcome! Be safe.