RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Fridge dont work on ac works on gas. No differance. 2010 out…

Customer Question
Fridge dont work on...

Fridge dont work on ac works on gas

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you noticed an increase in fuel consumption? And how does the vehicle start—same as usual?

No differance

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2010 out back

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes changed fuse

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Does not charge battery and microwave dont work

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
6/29/2020
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

ok

Good morning! I have an RV repair facility and work on these systems for a living and may I have the make and model of this fridge please? And are you using any adapter on the shore cord? That can cause you to loose part of your electrical service. When more that two things are affected, we always suspect that this might be a cause. Please get back to me with this information and I can assist you further here. Thanks! Randall

I was woundering if it could be the cicuit board going badyr 09 ser 00510 model 826acircuit board # 50-965201-Dare you there

Yes. That is not the part number.

What is the model number of the fridge? RM and some numbers.

Since I didn't hear back from you I can only give you a general answer based on the limited information you provided in your question. Since none of those numbers are a model or part number I can only try to match up your request with what I think you might have. Of course any fridge issue can be a board issue, but only about 40% of the time is it that. Most of the time it is a voltage or LP gas issue or dirty connections. Some testing would need to be done and most all shops and dealers have a circuit board tester to check it. Just be sure you mark the leads first and take a photo so you are sure to get them back the same way again. I am adding a link to a Dometic Service Manual which covers a bunch of their models and the trouble shooting covers pretty much all of their fridges. I hope this will prove helpful. Please feel free to get back to me again here if you need more as we have no time limits on any follow ups. Thanks! Randall http://techsupport.pdxrvwholesale.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Dometic-Refrigerator-Diagnostic-Service-Manual-RM2852.pdf