RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

On my 2017 tiffin zephyr, can I run the interior ac units…

On my 2017 tiffin zephyr...
On my 2017 tiffin zephyr, can I run the interior ac units and refrigerator while
Driving without using the generator. Will the inverter handle and will the engine charge the batteries as I drive ...or do I need the generator to run.
6/29/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Tnx

Yes the engine should keep the house batteries maintained and you should be able to run some lights and the fridge. You would not be able to run the roof AC or I would advise not to use the microwave etc as they have heavy loads and might cause the battery voltage to drop off. Make sure the battery disconnect switch is ON. IF you notice the voltage is getting to the 12 volt mark or 11.8 volts then I would fire up the generator. Some of this has to do with the condition of the batteries.

Hope this helps. Robert

thanks.Actually thanks again.

No problem at all!

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic