RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Norcold Model N1095R. We have been using this refrigerator…

Customer Question
Norcold Model N1095R....

Norcold Model N1095R. We have been using this refrigerator on LP for 4 years no problem. Now freezer works but not refrigerator. BOTH work on AC.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

No don't know how to check it?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

I don't know how to check freon

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

2005 Alumiscape by Holiday Rambler. We replaced thermistor.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Both refrigerator and freezer work on AC.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
6/26/2020
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Okay what do you need?I do not want to call and pay $26 additional. I just want to chat online. I need to know what this is going to costI don't want to call and talk to you and pay $26 additional. I just want to chat online. How much does it cost?I do not want to call I just want to chat onlinePlease cancel my subscription
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

My name is Robert.

IF you replaced the thermistor and you get no cooling in the box on both LP and AC power and you have tried to run it on both sources for at least 6 hours then the cooling unit is most likely the problem. A cooling unit can rupture or become blocked. The freezer will always get cold long before the box has a chance to so it is VERY possible to have a cooling unit problem with the freezer working. What you might want to try is remove the fridge, flip it end over end 2 or 3 times, let it stand upright level for about 12 hours and then see if the box will start to cool. No guaranties doing that but it may save you 1300 dollars on a new fridge.

As experts we do NOT offer the phone calls nor know your arrangements with the company Just Answer, our job is to answer questions to the best of our abilities. We have nothing to do with the billing nor can cancel your subscription. Below is a link for customer service and they can help you on that end.

Robert

https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us