RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a norcold rv fridge that is working on gas, I can…

Customer Question
Hi we have a...

Hi we have a norcold rv fridge that is working on gas, I can see the pilot light lit, but the indicator light that shows you a/c, Check or gas are not lighting up

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you know the model of your Norcold fridge? How old is it?

Model number 6052, it’s in a ‘93 trailer so probably close to that

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Norcold refrigerator? What have you tried so far?

A couple hours ago, we’ve tried disconnecting reconnecting the power, checked all connections and turned gas on and off

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
6/25/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

This to me sounds like the eye brow board is the the issue this is the board that you use to turn the fridge on and has the lights on it. IF you have a volt meter you can check for voltage at the board, if voltage is present then that eye brow board is bad. Below is a link for a service manual that will show you how to check for voltage. I would think since the fridge is running the board is getting voltage and would need to be replaced.

Robert

Link. Service manual.

https://rvrefrigeratorrepair.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Norcold-Service-600-6100.pdf

That's great, thank you very much!

No problem at all.

Have a great day.

Robert

Hey Robert, am I able to ask a follow up question on here?

Yes if it is about the fridge. IF it is unrelated please post a new question.

Robert

We noticed both electrical and gas are working when the fridge is plugged in with no indicator lights. We then noticed when you switch to gas and disconnect the power, the pilot light goes out

The fridge always needs good DC voltage to work so when you disconnect from power the battery voltage may be dropping to low, verify your battery voltage at the batteries it should not drop below 12 volts.

Robert

Ok thank you we will test the voltages!

Sounds good.

Robert