RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My Dometic fridge is not turning on On gas. Its a fridge.

My Dometic fridge is...

My Dometic fridge is not turning on On gas

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you noticed an increase in fuel consumption? And how does the vehicle start—same as usual?

Its a fridge

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2017 grey wolf limited

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I put the wires back in position and replugged the 110 also took an air can and blew air in around the burner and chute

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

The carbon monoxide keeps beeping

6/24/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me a few mins to type a response.

Thanks. Robert

I think the whole key to your questions is the carbon monoxide detector.

Bot the carbon monoxide detector and the fridge need good DC battery voltage to work. The detector can go off for low voltage. The fridge also needs good DC voltage for the circuit board. Go to the back of the fridge and remove the cover. Many Dometics will have a plastic terminal block where the DC wires are screwed into the block. You should have over 12 volts DC at the terminal block.

IF you have good battery voltage and the fridge has good voltage and is turning on (interior light is on) then you may have an actual LP leak and the fridge can not fire off and it is setting the alarm off. Normally when the detector goes of out of the blue the battery voltage could be low.

IF you need more help on this please let me know.

Robert

The pilot light doesn't come on at all

YES you need good DC voltage going to the fridge for it to work. The fridge will not work without good DC voltage. The interior light should be on right now and be bright, not dim.

What is the make and model of the fridge, should be a sticker inside the door, most start with a DM and number.

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic