RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Just bought an rPod 178. Plugged into house power with an…

Customer Question
Just bought an rPod...

Just bought an rPod 178. Plugged into house power with an extension cord. Switches on auto post are dead.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2019 rPod by Forest River.

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried plugging extension cord into the adapter plug inserted into the trailer outlet.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
First time hooking up new rPod 178 trailer. Auto tongue foot has no power. Extension cord from house 110 is plugged into the adapter that goes into the trailer.
Do you have a video series for learning about the rPod?
6/22/2020
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Good afternoon! I have an RV repair facility and work on these systems for a living. I suspect that there are some good videos out there on these. I can probably cover most of what you need over a phone chat and you can take some notes. $19 and no time limits. Randall

On my way out the door. Talk later. Thanks

For one thing, you can't run the A/C off a house plug and extension cord. You take a chance of burning it up! If you want to have the A/C running at your house you need a dedicated 30 amp RV outlet and breaker.

You can buy a ready made box and breaker for about $80 and it is not hard to install.

No problem. Just get back to me when you can as we have no time limits. Randall

Thanks Randall. I will be asking for your advice in the next few days.

You are most welcome! Please tell your friends about our service here at Just Answer and be safe.