RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I'm having an issue with my water system. 2009 Monaco

Customer Question
Hello, I'm having an...

Hello, I'm having an issue with my water system

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2009 Monaco Dynasty

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Monaco yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would like to if I can. I am moderately handy and reasonably intelligent. I think I've identified the issue, but would like to confirm.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

I can explain the situation to you or the mechanic

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/22/2020
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Thank you Randall. I figured as much. Where would you like to start?

Good afternoon! I have an RV repair facility and work on these systems for living and I can assist you with this issue. Randall

Thank you Randall. I believe it is something simple. I'm just cautious and want to know before I do too much

What is the problem?

My new rv (new to me, a 2009 Monaco Dynasty) had fresh water when I picked her up. I used the pump and all worked well. Once I depleted the onboard water I attached a hose from house to the full inlet, and pressed the auto fill. The coach began to fill, but then over filled. It would not stop accepting water. I disconnected city water, but when I turned the pump on it would run continuously and the pressure was very low

Was this winterized with RV antifreeze? If not, something might have frozen. Pumps won't drain and break easily.

It was not. The coach was in Texas. I drove her 1300 miles to my home. Problem free. All systems functioning. I was thinking maybe the solenoid for the auto fill. I took it apart and tried to clean it. There was some gunk in there. After I reinstalled it, no water would be accepted by the coach.

It might just have an air lock in there. Try hooking up an 1/2" plastic line directly to the pump and see if that will allow it to prime. FlairIt makes a good 1/2" part for that. Part number 06816. Online or most RV shops have them.

Air coming from an external air compressor?
And to confirm, attaching that piece with an air hose to the water inlet side of the water pump?Also, I don't appear to be able to run on city water. That's what made me think that solenoid is refusing to open. But, certainly I don't know

Not an air line. You want to hook up a length of hose and see if the pump will suck water out of a bucket.

Ah. Okay. It just started storming here, but I will give that a try as soon as I am able. Thank youDoes that explain why I don't have any water in the coach when connected to city water now?

I am not aware of any solenoid on the water line. Most have just a check valve unless this is a multiple valve system. It might be a good idea to give Monaco Parts a call and see if they can get you some plumbing diagrams.

That is the solenoid that opens and closes the water line to allow the auto fill
ba1fe848-c351-4724-bd1a...jpegba1fe8...jpega743fcd9-cf8e-4fdc-87af...jpega743fc...jpeg2c9185b3-3322-4305-9af3...jpeg2c9185...jpeg2a65a8f5-adac-4b72-a21b...jpeg2a65a8...jpeg

Looks like it needs a new part. Try Monaco parts for that. https://www.monacocoach.com/