RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We just purchased a Voltage 4175 from RV Nation in Ohio (we…

We just purchased a...

We just purchased a Voltage 4175 from RV Nation in Ohio (we live in Pennsylvania). Had an issue with it last night which left my husband livid. Went to put the TV up while in the living area, at the time the radio which was playing a CD started kicking in and out. Put the TV back down cause the generator was running out of fuel and thought maybe it had something to do with it. Then we put the TV back up after refueling the generator (yes, I know it running out of gas had nothing to do with it, just explaining). TV worked but could not change channels or operate the volume. Radio would not work at all. We discovered the TV was mounted to low and the remote could not see the eye on the TV from the sofa. Husband went to get tools to raise the TV a little bit on the bracket and discovered a wiring spaghetti mess inside behind the fire place. We thought maybe we popped a fuse, but found none blown. He also found two wires that were just hanging with no wire nuts on them. He eventually found were they had been pulled out of and reinstalled them. He told me that none of the wires in there were even crimped properly, For just purchasing a $70,000 camper we shouldn't be having an issue with poor craftsmanship!! He wants to know if there is a wiring diagram for this camper for the next time we have an issue? The stove was also installed improperly, if we have to put the slide in, I have to put a pool noodle on the oven handle so it doesn't damage the handles on the cabinets under the sink. That will have to be moved as well. Sorry for the rant, any kind of wiring diagrams available for people who are actual mechanics and electricians?

Mechanic's Assistant: Do all the fuses have the correct amperage for the circuits they're in?

I think so. It was NOT a blown fuse, wires had pulled out of the back of the radio and another one had pulled out of the mechanical lift for the TV because of shoddy work. Can I find a wiring diagram somewhere for this and to show what all the little fuses are actually for?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2020 Model VT471520 VIN ***************** VOLTAGE 4175 WITH A BUILD DATE OF 5/12/20

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

My husband already fixed it....reinstalled the wires that came out, and re crimped everything else that was loose behind the fireplace that would have worked there way loose on the next bumpy road. I want to know if there is a wiring diagram available cause the owners manual doesn't tell you anything for diagnostics.

Answered in 1 day by:
6/24/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

I am really sorry to hear you are having all these issues. I have been a RV tech for over 25 years and have seen new RV's have bugs or issues and understand the fact you rather fix any items that come up. Keep in mind you should have a full warranty for one year and you may want to make a list of issues for the dealer. IF you start trying to repair items and the dealer catches on you might void any warranty I have seen it happen before.

As far as any diagrams they do not publish them on the web, If I had any I would give them to you. The best chance you have for that is to contact the RV manufacturer direct and see if they are willing to help you out on that.

Hope this helps some. Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic