RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a Keystone Fuzion 403 toy hauler. The water pump is…

I have a Keystone...

I have a Keystone Fuzion 403 toy hauler. The water pump is only spitting water and mostly air. I have replaced the pump and it is doing the same thing. What is going on. Is there a shut off valve that I am missing.

Mechanic's Assistant: Has the vehicle ever overheated? And when was it last serviced?

I just bought it last week.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2009 Keystone Fuzion 403

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just told you

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

I don't think so

6/20/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me a few mins to type a response.

Thanks. Robert

Normally when you have a water pump that is spitting air the problem is on the inlet side of the pump. What I might do is get a 5 gallon bucket fill it with water and get a hose to go from the inlet to the 5 gallon bucket and see if it does the same. Some pumps have an inlet strainer and if that was cracked it might suck air, if the inlet was loose it would suck air. Also if you have a three way valve for winterizing and the valve was set towards the tube it would suck air. Some RV's have a valve you turn and a tube that goes into a jug of antifreeze, you turn the valve to draw out of the jug and turn the pump on. IF that valve was faulty or open it could suck air.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
On the old pump the strainer was cracked. I put on a new strainer. Still sputtering. I replaced the pump and the strainer. Still sputtering. would there be two drain valves on the water tank or would one be the anti freeze deal?
Phone call session started

Give me about 5 mins and I will call you, need to wrap up with another RV owner.

Thanks. Robert

ok

Nice talking to you.

If you need more help please let me know.

Robert

Got it. Thanks for your help.

Good job.

Robert