RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

How do you access evaporator coils on norcold refrigerator,

Customer Question
How do you access...

How do you access evaporator coils on norcold refrigerator, model N8XF

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is your Norcold fridge?

Less than two years,

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Norcold refrigerator? What have you tried so far?

Been about a month trying to get it going, replaced thermistor, no results, freezer works, refrigerator lowest temp 57 degrees

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

No that’s it it’s 2018 fridge

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/16/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me several mins to type a response.

Thanks, Robert

Ok

On the back of the fridge is a cooling unit, inside the cooling unit is an ammonia solution it circulates around the cooling unit and is heated up by the flame or electric heating elment. Normally when you get poor cooling in the box on BOTH sources (LP and AC power) the thermistor or cooling unit is suspect. When the ammonia solution stops circulating you loose cooling, it is referred to as a blockage. The freezer will always get cold long before the box has a chance to so you can have a cooling unit issue with the freezer working.

IT was a good attempt to replace the thermistor as that could have been the problem. What you may want to do next is go to the outside access panel and locate the tubes that run back and forth for the cooling unit and tap them with a rubber mallet, sometimes that will help get things going again. One final thing to try is pull the fridge out of the RV, flip it end over end and then let it stand upright, level for about 12 hours and then see if it will start cooling, no guaranties i doing that.

Below is a service manual for you as well, not sure if you have that or not it may help out.

Robert

http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/ncold_polar_n_series.pdf