RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

There is no power to the fridge or air conditioner.

There is no power...

There is no power to the fridge or air conditioner

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistent

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

I believe 04...Jayco Eagle 31'

Mechanic's Assistant: What year is your Eagle?

I think 2004

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Eagle yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked all fuses, checked power source. Still have power to lights and microwave just not the fridge or air Or furnace Seems like there may be another fuse somewhere but only see the one panel

Answered in 1 minute by:
6/12/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Hi ok thanks

What is the make and model of the fridge and do you own a volt meter? The reason I ask is the fridge may have some fuses on it and we can check voltage on the back of it to verify.

Robert

Norcold

Do you have the model number, should be a stick inside the door.

Robert

OK

Please give me several mins to type a response. I need to wrap up with another RV owner and I will respond back.

Robert

A fan was plugged into the outlet on the back of the fridge and had power there.Ok tysorry year is 1997

IT does not matter, the fan and the AC unit need DC power to work, on the back of the fridge you have a circuit board, you will have DC supply going into the board. See link below pages 21 and 22 you will see 12 volt DC supply going to J3 and J4 on the board, they come from the RV supply and should show voltage. IF they have voltage unplug the cord from the outlet, remove the cover on the board and check the fuses. One fuse is for the AC side, one fuse is for the DC side or what powers on the fridge, if you have a third fuse that would mean the fridge has a DC heating element.

IF you have NO voltage going into the board there has to be a fuse or tripped DC breaker, any DC breakers are going to be near the battery, as a general rule 18" below is a second link of a picture. To test you would want to see the same voltage on each post to ground, you may have a few of these breakers for different circuits.

Also I know you looked at the fuse but if you had a loose connection on the wires going into the fuse panel you would never know by just looking at the fuse, I would check voltage at the fuse slot, if you show no voltage check the wires going into the fuse slot.

Robert

http://techsupport.pdxrvwholesale.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Norcold-Refer-Model-6162-Installation-User-Manual.pdf

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic