RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2010 Montana fifth wheel my electric jacks and

Customer Question
I have a 2010...

I have a 2010 Montana fifth wheel my electric jacks and slide outs aren’t working. I’ve checked all fuses and breakers...Any suggestions where else to look

Mechanic's Assistant: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Montana yourself? What have you tried so far?

After the jacks stopped I waited a minute heard an audible click the jacks started again and stopped again. I’ve checked the power is coming in and I’ve checked all the grounds.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

I’m not sure what else to tell him.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
6/11/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

The electric jacks and slides are normally wired direct to the battery, sometimes you will find a DC breaker between them.

I would check all the battery cables and make sure the voltage at the battery is around 13 volts. Make sure you do not have a DC breaker that is tripped then will make a click sound when the trip. Some are thermal and self reset and some have a tiny tab that will pop out when they trip. As a general rule any DC breakers are going to be 18" from the battery. To test you would want to see the same voltage on each post to chassis ground, if only one side has voltage then it is the problem. Sometimes the breaker can be tucked away on the frame and you may have more then one for other circuits.

That is what I would look at first since the jacks and slides are both not working. Might also want to have the battery load tested to make sure it is not the issue, most auto parts stores can load test them for free.

Robert

Breaker,.