RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Dometic NDR 1292 the freezer only gets down to 40 degrees…

Dometic NDR 1292 the...

Dometic NDR 1292 the freezer only gets down to 40 degrees and the frig side doesn’t cool at all. No signs of yellow or any smells. Fuses are both good. Any ideas what it could be

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the vehicle's manual yet?

Yes

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2001 Fleetwood Bounder 36 S

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

I would like to fix it myself if it’s fixable. I moved the thermostat up the fins no change

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

The plumbing in the back is warm not overly hot. Door seals appear good

6/9/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me several mins to type a response.

Thanks. Robert

Normally when you get poor or no cooling in the box and you have tried to run the fridge on BOTH AC power and LP it is going to be a thermistor or cooling unit problem.

What you can try and do is disconnect the thermistor from the circuit board on the back side of the fridge, doing this will put the fridge into a full cooling cycle, let the fridge run with it disconnected for a bout 4 hours and see if the box cools if so I would replaced. The thermistor will be a two wire plug connector that sits next to a six wire connector.

IF that does not work then the cooling unit may be blocked, the freezer will always start to cool long before the box will. Get a rubber mallet and tap the coils on the back of the fridge, sometimes this will help clear a blockage, no guaranties in doing that. Normally when a cooling gets blocked it has to be replaced.
Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Thanks I will give it a try. Sorry I can’t test the gas side at this time. I am out of propane and unable to fill for a few days