RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Lost 120 volt power to all outlets and frig. Power coming…

Lost 120 volt power...

Lost 120 volt power to all outlets and frig. Power coming out of breakers, but not getting to going outlet or beyonf

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

Consistent

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2020 eProfile 19 fd

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Tried resetting gcfi outlet, then checked to see of breaker had popped. Microwave, a/c lights all work. Power coming out of all breakers, but no power reaching gcfi outlet.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Think I have covered it

6/8/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Ok.. thanks

IF you happen to have an inverter you do want to check that for a tripped breaker, an inverter allows you to have AC power when you are not plugged in, not all RV's will have an inverter.

Since you have AC voltage out of the breaker if there is not an inverter in the loop then it sounds like you have a faulty connection or another GFI hiding on you, I would make sure you do not have another outside etc. The next step would be to isolate the AC power and start checking each non working outlet, start with the outlet that is not working closest to the breaker panel and work away from the panel. All it would take is a poor connection at one outlet and the others are going to stop working.

Also 2020 you should be covered under warranty something to keep in mind here.

Robert

I do have an inverter, solar panel, dual batteries. Power is leaving the breaker panel, but not reaching the first outlet that has the gfi on it, therefore not reaching any other outlets downstream.

Make sure you do not have a tripped breaker on the inverter. Normally they like to wire in the inverter so you can have outlets TV when dry camping. IF it is not a tripped breaker on the inverter it really sounds like a loose connection/wiring problem and I would start by checking the outlets out.
Robert

I have an inverter, solar panel, and dual batteries. Power is leaving main panel with breakers, but not reaching first outlets that is also the gfi. No voltage there.Where would the breaker be for the inverter?The remote switch for the inverter seems to work

IT would be on the inverter some actually have a GFI on them others have small round buttons or switches. IF you can get me the make and model of the inverter I can look.

Robert

Wfco, wf-8735/8740

That is not an inverter that is a power converter different animal.

So it sounds like you have a bad connection on the circuit out of the breaker.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Have electrician coming to look at. Thanks

Sounds good, if you need more help please let me know, I am around daily and respond when I can.
Robert

Thank you. Gave us so things to check out

Glad to help some.

Robert