RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 32 foot 2001 Itasca suncruiser on a P32 chasis with…

I have a 32 foot...
I have a 32 foot 2001 Itasca suncruiser on a P32 chasis with the 8.1 liter V8. It has a HWH hydraulic system for leveling and moving the slide in and out. I am experiencing a problem with the slide. If closed completely, over a period of time whether moving or stationary it creeps out. This has happened twice previously and was resolved with the replacement of the solenoid valve. The resolution is lasting between two and three years. I have a parts manual and although it lists solenoid valves for the leveling system (RAP0642) it does not list a specific solenoid valve for the slide. It also lists a check valve (RAP10021) with the Leveling listing. Looking at the valve that was replaced in 2018, it matches to the RAP0642 valve. Is the RAP0642 valve the proper valve to be putting in for the slide? If not, what is the proper valve?
6/8/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me several mins to type a response.

Thanks. Robert

HWH updated the solenoid valves, the new style has a cam lock lever release where the old ones have a T handle or 1/4 nut you can turn to release the pressure to let the room in and out. Make sure all T handle valves or 1/4" nuts are shut tight. IF you had a T handle or 1/4" nut that was slightly open the system can bleed down.

HWH valves come in two different diameters all the slide solenoid should have the same diameter and all the jack solenoids should have the same diameter. The new style valve looks different because of the cam lever lock.

I would call HWH tech support direct for two reasons, one tell them what the issue is and second they can confirm any parts. I know they work off a call back log and sometimes it can take days to get a response.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic