RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

We have a forest river rv, with a Norcold frig. Can’t figure…

Customer Question
We have a forest...

We have a forest river rv, with a Norcold frig. Can’t figure out how to open the panel between the freezer and frig to adjust the temps.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the model/year of your Forest River?

Grey wolf 2019

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Well when we got home the breaker for the ac had tripped. And the frig was not working. The ac is back on and the frig is on but not cooling. No other breakers had tripped. We flipped the main breaker off and back on but still not cooling.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the Freon level?

No, is that something we can do? Not sure how to do that. I know the rv was just serviced and everything checked out ok

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Not that I know of. The green light is on, just not cooling. Was working great until the breaker was tripped. But only the ac breaker was tripped.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
6/8/2020
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Ok

What is the model number of this fridge? And you don't have to take any panel off to adjust the temps.

N7vlw6Looks like the long panel between the frig and freezer should swing out in the front but can't get it to

Let me get you the Service Manual which will describe the error codes on these and how to do the testing. No, it doesn't move. Solve the problem on the AC and DC voltage first. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/ncold_polar_n_series.pdf

Go to the Trouble Shooting sequence and follow that and it would help if you have a small digital multimeter here. About $20 or so at most local hardware stores and easy to use.

See page 15 for how the temperature is changed on this.