RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a DM2652 Domeric Refrigerator in a 2017 Newmar

Customer Question
I have a DM2652...

I have a DM2652 Domeric Refrigerator in a 2017 Newmar Baystar Sport RV. It will work on gas but not electricity. The 20 amp fuse has been replaced in the panel box as well as the 5 amp fuse behind the refrigerator on the outside wall. The electric outlet that the refrigerator is plugged into works.

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the manual yet? Most vehicles have two fuse panels.

I checked the one in the bathroom. Where would another one be?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '17 RV?

Newmar Baystar Sport

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I just picked it up from our dealership and they repaired the electric outlet and said that it worked. When I told them it still did not work on electric they said to call you.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
6/6/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Ok thanks

Seems like you did some really good troubleshooting on this. The only thing that is left is the AC heating element and the circuit board. I would ohm out the AC heating element, verify the cord from the outlet to board is good, if the element is good, and the cord I would replace the board. You may want to also get an extension cord and plug the fridge into an outside source to make sure no polarity issues with the outlet.

To ohm the element you would disconnect the heating element wires from the board and with a meter set to ohms you should have 44 ohm with a 10% tolerance either way.

Hope this helps. Robert

I have connected the refrigerator to an outside electrical source so I am waiting to see what happens. If the circuit board is bad would it still work on gas because wires from the circuit board are going to the gas igniter?

Yes it can still work on gas. On the board is a relay that sense the AC power and allows it to work on AC power, I suspect the relay is bad which is part of the board. So it is very possible for it to work on gas.

Robert

Where would I get a circuit board?

Any RV store in your area should be able to get you a board. Just provide them with the model and serial number of the fridge.

Robert