RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a Norcold 2118SST refrigerator and on any given

I have a Norcold...

I have a Norcold 2118SST refrigerator and on any given temperature setting the temperature swings @ 13 degrees from 35 to 47 degrees and runs more in the 40's than in the 30's for required food safety. The freezer runs from 11 to 14 degrees. Is this normal to have this much temperature swing?

Mechanic's Assistant: How many miles are on the car? Have you checked the coolant level?

This is a refrigerator not a car

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2020 Grand Design, Momentum

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, I have checked the thermistor and it is working fine.

5/30/2020
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Ok

Please give me a few minutes to type up an answer for you here. Thanks!

Is the fridge situated in a slide out room or is the fridge area in the sun in the afternoon?

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
In the slide and is shaded from the sun.
Phone call session started

Text me those photos of those vents.