RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a dometic fridge model # rm2652,serial #508 06180.

I have a dometic...

I have a dometic fridge model # rm2652,serial #508 06180

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

Salem 2007 IAAF looking for a thermister for the fridge

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

No we talked with a tech told him the fridge turned in to a giant freezer

5/29/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me a few mins to type a response.

Thanks.

Robert

IF the box is freezing then it is going to be a thermistor issue.

When the thernistor fails they are designed to go to FULL cooling so the food in the box does not spoil.

One end of the thermistor is on a back fin in the box, it should be under a plastic slider, you slide it up and down on the fin to control the temp, you would slide it down for for warmer temps and up on the fin for colder temps.

The other end plugs into the circuit board under the outside access panel, it is a two wire connector that sits below a 6 wire connector. Make sure it did not become disconnected.

IF you have a volt meter you can also ohm it out, below is a service manual see page 11.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

Robert

https://fourwheelcampers.com/NewDometicRefrigeratorManual.pdf

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
Could you tell me a model number or do you sell one and for what price
Phone call session started

I tried calling you and nobody picked up. We do not sell parts on this site, any good RV shop is going to stock the thermistors all you need to give them is the model number. IF you would still like me to call please let me know there is an added fee for a phone service.

Robert

Below is a link for the thermistor.

Robert

https://www.thedometicguy.com/dometic-thermistor-3851210025/