RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Had ac on,turned on microwave, lost all electricity, fliped…

Had ac on,turned on...

Had ac on,turned on microwave , lost all electricity, fliped the breakers, still no power

Mechanic's Assistant: Is the power loss consistent, or does it fluctuate?

I do have h

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

I do have power to lights , no sockets 2004 fleetwood wilderness

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

Flipped breakers ,

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

I am parked at home,

5/25/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me several mins to type a response.

Thanks, Robert

So if you are plugged into a standard 110 house outlet it can cause problems as they are normally rated at 15 or 20 amps. The AC pulls around 14 amps to start and stays around 10 amps, with the converter running, lights and then turning the microwave on you can easily over load the system.

To start on this go to the supply and unplug the cord, then shut the breakers OFF, go inside the RV and shut all the breakers off. Plug back into power and then turn the supply breakers back on and then the breakers inside the RV and see if the power is restored. IF the power is not restored then go around the RV and make sure you did not trip any GFI's these will be certain outlets with a test and reset on them.

IF you still have no power and do not have a generator built into the RV I would check any adapters or cords you are using they could have failed as when you over laod the circuit it can get pretty hot. You also might want to plug the RV in direct if you are plugged into a standard house outlet. NO cords or adapters.

IF you have a generator built into your unit please let me know.
Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic