RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My jayco feather x213 is chirping every 40 seconds. i am…

My jayco feather x213...

My jayco feather x213 is chirping every 40 seconds. i am plugged in. what do I do?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2015 jayco feather x213

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Yes, fixing ourselves. Plugged in with an electrical cord. We tried to use the radio. The radio tripped. Used the microwave and now it is chirping.

Mechanic's Assistant: Is this an aftermarket stereo, or did it come with the car?

It is a trailer, not a car

5/23/2020
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Okay

Is this the LP detector doing this or something else?

All four things are alarming. Propane, carbon monoxide and fault all flashingIt is the lp detector that is chirping.

So either there is some smell in there setting these off OR more likely, the battery power is low and it is telling you that. The batteries may need attention or may not being charged. Some checking here is needed. If you have or can come up with a small digital multimeter we can check and see what the cause is here. About $20 or so at most local hardware stores and easy to use. I will be around all day tomorrow. Randall

We have a multimeter.

It may be damaged or some fumes may have set it off. If you don't smell anything it is probably damaged or low voltage.

We were plugged in yesterday at home and our batteries weren't charging.

Check the DC voltage at the batteries. And check it at the load center as well. You should see 13.7 to 14.2 VDC there. If not, check the reverse polarity fuses on the converter or on the fuse block. Randall

The batteries are nearly dead. But we are plugged in with an extension cord so we didn't think we were using the batteries.Where is the converter?

It might be integral with the load center or a stand alone model. What is the make and model of this load center where all the fuses and breakers are?

Progressive dynamics PD4045KAThe 30 amp fuses are busted. The reverse polarity one. Thank you. That must be it.

That is an integral model. It should have two reverse polarity fuses there. And then check the DC voltage at the fuse block. You may have to remove the cover first. If you have it there and not at the batteries then check the shortstop breaker in that line. Check the battery hook up! If it is wrong it will blow those.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification