RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

The unit was left open overnight to air outand I believe on…

Customer Question
The unit was left...

The unit was left open overnight to air outand I believe on but w/o 120 volt power source or propane...

Mechanic's Assistant: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?

Polar 7 series (n7v) in a 2019 jayco

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on? What have you tried so far?

Just purchased the trailer used.. the red lite blinks 10 times then a 5 sec. stop..the light inside the unit which was on before is now off

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

There is currently 120 volt power to unit and propane available... thx

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 hour by:
5/13/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me several mins to type a response.

Thanks. Robert

This is a communication fault that you are seeing it means the outside circuit board is not communicating with the display panel inside, it could be a shorted wire, control board issue etc. The only way to know is to get a volt meter and do some testing to see what the issue is. What I would do that sometimes will work is disconnect the 12 volt supply at the back of the fridge for a few mins and then hook it back up and see if the fault goes away. When you disconnect the DC supply then the panel will go blank and not show the fault. IF the fault comes back then some in depth troubleshooting will need to be done, to help you out on this see the link below page 34, this is a service manual and will step you through the checking the wires.

Hope this helps. Robert

https://norcold.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/01/639410C_SM_Polar_N7N8-1EN.pdf