RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

2009 Icon 24A - need to put spare tire on rear of coach.

2009 Icon 24A -...

2009 Icon 24A - need to put spare tire on rear of coach. Assume there is a strong upright by the bathroom window, but more specific info on where & how to would be appreciated.

Mechanic's Assistant: How old are the tires? And have they been a problem in the past?

Brand new & no problems, but want to be able to carry the spare.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '09 RV?

Fleetwood Icon 24A

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

Have no frame info to work with, so have not touched it. Like I said, need more info.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it.

5/7/2020
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Please give me a few minutes to type up an answer here for you. Thanks!

Good morning! Thank you for bringing your question to us here at Just Answer. I apologize for the delay in someone getting to your question! Thank you for your patience. Sometimes we get overwhelmed with questions and some of our techs may be on vacation.

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with finding a good way to mount the spare tire. I have an RV repair facility and work on these for a living and I can tell you that this might be something that Fleetwood Customer Service would have to give you as we have no way of knowing that. Most of these keep the spare tire underneath the rear of the coach. That number is(###) ###-####and they will ask you for your FIN number as that is how they identify these.

I hope this points you in the right direction here. Please get back to me again later if you need additional assistance with this as all follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit. Thanks! Randall in RV

Thanks. Will give them a call.

I was thinking that this was a motorhome, but I see now it is probably a trailer and so use a bumper mount tire carrier. Not expensive and easy to install!

About $40 or so. Most shops have them or online at Amazon.

Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
It is a motor home - class C. Added a leveling system, which eliminated the space under the coach for a spare. Need it on the rear vs. the livingroom.Unable to tow with the bumper junk, so need to attach it to the rear wall.Will call Fleetwood & see if I can get more info. Thanks

O.K. Thanks for letting me know.