RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Our brand new norcold n8x refrigerator is not cooling at all…

Customer Question
Our brand new norcold...

Our brand new norcold n8x refrigerator is not cooling at all on short power

Mechanic's Assistant: How old is your Norcold fridge?

2020

Mechanic's Assistant: How long has this been going on with your Norcold refrigerator? What have you tried so far?

We just bought the camper Friday. It runs on LP but not short power. Checked fuses those are good. Checked outlets. All good

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else we should know to help you best?

Not that I can think of

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
5/3/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Ok *Shanda*Ok

Please allow me several mins to type a response.
Thanks. Robert

When you are plugged into power and the fridge is in Auto it should always want to run on electric, if you loose the AC power then the fridge will default to LP, when the AC power is restored it will switch back to electric. You will not hear anything at all on electric and it will take about 4 hours for the box to cool off.

IF the box is not cooling off then you may have a problem with the circuit board or heating element.

IF the fridge is defaulting to LP in Auto and you are plugged in and have checked the outlet the fridge is plugged into, checked the fuse on the circuit board for the fridge then the board is the problem, a relay is on the board and tells it to work on electric or LP.

I think if all the fuses are good and you have checked the fuses on the circuit board under the outside access panel I would call the dealer on Monday and have this looked at under warranty.

Hope this points you in the right direction.

Robert

Ok thank you

No problem at all.

Have a great day and stay safe!

Robert