RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a dometic NDA 1402 side by side that the lights and…

Customer Question
I have a dometic...

I have a dometic NDA 1402 side by side that the lights and water and ice

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Dispenser quit working, the lights on the outside freezer door are not lit up and both the water and ice dispenser are not working, also the inside freezer light is not working, everything on the fridge side is working.

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2009 Monaco Camelot

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Monaco yourself? What have you tried so far?

Checked the glass fuse in the back

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
5/3/2020
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

ok

Please give me a few minutes to type up an answer for you here. Thanks!

Good morning! Thank you for bringing your question to us here at Just Answer. I apologize for the delay in someone getting to your question! Thank you for your patience. Sometimes we get overwhelmed with questions and some of our techs may be on vacation.

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with some of the 12 VDC circuits on this fridge. I have an RV repair facility and work on these for a living and I can tell you that this is probably an issue with some wiring in the back that may be damaged from mice or just a bad or loose connection. It can be a fuse issue and those should be checked on the board. I would turn the fridge off and take each lead on the board loose one at a time and replace them again. See if that resolves this. Otherwise, you are going to need a small digital multimeter or 12 VDC test light for some testing. Give me a few minutes here and I can get you a link to the Service Manual for this model. That has all the wiring diagrams in there. You can print that out so you have it.

I hope this points you in the right direction here. Please get back to me again later if you need additional assistance with this as all follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit. Thanks! Randall in RV

https://myrvworks.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Dometic-NDA1402-Service-Manual.pdf