RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

If my fridge gets unplugged then plugged back in do I have…

If my fridge gets...

If my fridge gets unplugged then plugged back in do I have to manually turn it back on ? Or will it turn its self on. It was set to duel fuel setting when we left it. It is a 2017 heartland Torque

Mechanic's Assistant: Do you have the torque specs?

No

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '17 RV?

Heartland torque 396

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

We have left it at are property 2 hrs away. My parents were there and accidentally unplugged the AC power to the trailer but then plugged it back in. Just wondering if it will turn it’s self on or it would have to be manually reset?

4/28/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me a few mins to type a response.

Robert

IF you have a Norcold or Dometic and you are plugged in and it is in Auto mode it will want to run on AC power, if you loose the AC power then the fridge will default to propane when the AC power is restored it will switch back to AC power. So an example would be you are at a RV park plugged into power and the park power goes off, the fridge will switch to propane and when the AC power comes back to the park it will switch back to AC power.

The fridge always will need a good DC supply source to run the circuit board, so it is possible if it switches to propane and your battery voltage gets to low then the fridge will stop working, it always need a DC supply source.

IF you have more questions or concerns please feel free to contact me.

Robert

Ok. Thank you very much!

No problem at all. Glad I could help.

Have a great evening and stay safe!

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic