RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I need to remove the bed platform box in my 2000 prowler…

Customer Question
I need to remove...

I need to remove the bed platform box in my 2000 prowler camper and there's an electrical outlet attached to the inside of box on one side and a bunch of wires on other side that we think go to battery. Any suggestions ?

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?

Nope. I bought the camper from a friend ...it's in excellent shape but I do not have papers that came with camper

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model of your '00 RV?

Actually I'm sorry it's a 1999 Fleetwood prowler LS 31 ft

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Fleetwood yourself? What have you tried so far?

I'm a female. A nurse. Never done anything like this before. I'm a director or nursing at a nursing home and had my maintenance man look at it . He's was going to remove the box / platform but when we saw the wires and electrical outlet he wasn't sure what to do. ..so I'm checking online.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

That's it.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
Answered in 1 minute by:
4/19/2020
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Please give me a few minutes to type up an answer for you here. Thanks!

OkNo , would rather do chatI just want to know if it can be done and how difficult ...due to electrical outlet and the other wires

Good afternoon! Thank you for bringing your question to us here at Just Answer. I apologize for the delay in someone getting to your question! Thank you for your patience. Sometimes we get overwhelmed with questions and some of our techs may be on vacation. And let me thank you for all the hard and dangerous work you medical folks are doing! Great job!

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble finding with your DC power and batteries. I have an RV repair facility and work on these for a living and I can tell you that the batteries are going to be up front on the tongue if this is a pull trailer and in the front storage bay on in one of the smaller side bays and NOT under the bed. In the shop the first thing we do is to load test them to be sure they are viable. Most places that sell batteries can do this for you. If you remove them for testing be sure you mark the cables and take a photo of the hookups first so you are sure to get them back the same way. Easy to get this wrong if you don't. And if the batteries are dead OR you remove them you will need to reset the battery disconnect solenoid switch in order to bring the 12 VDC coach side back online again. Rocker style switch there by the door or on the wall with other switches. Some might be on the dash.

I hope this points you in the right direction here. Please get back to me again later if you need additional assistance with this as all follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit. Thanks! Randall in RV

There is nothing under the bed that you should have to take out for any servicing here. If your guy has a small digital multimeter he can test the output of the converter and see if that is working properly. It should be putting out between 13.7 and 14.2 VDC and no more than .5 VAC in the DC current. Have him set his meter on "AC volts" to check that. Older converters start bleeding out that AC current as they get older. Too much is not good. Let me know what he finds and we can go from there. Randall