RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

I have a 2002 Winnabgo Brave, I suspect it has been hit by…

I have a 2002 Winnabgo...
I have a 2002 Winnabgo Brave , I suspect it has been hit by lightning. Some of my 110 outlets have 220 going through them . I have no 12volt working , all my lights are non functional . When I plugged my 30 amp line in it tripped the breaker. I went to my main power center and turned all the breakers off , the dead short went away. My main concern is the 220 in my outlets ,
4/19/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

ok

I would try another supply source or start the generator and see if you have 220 volt, the supply could be the issue as it would have to be an issue with a damaged transfer switch or possibly an issue at the main breaker panel. The supply comes in and on a 30 amp service it is only one hot leg of 110 volt, you would have a 3 prong cord, a 50 amp service or 4 prong cord is two 110 volt legs coming in to equal 220 not 220 direct. IF you can get me the model of your brave I should be able to send you a wiring diagram so you can trace the voltage coming into the RV to the breaker panel and then out of the panel. I would start with the supply, and then unplug and run the generator and see what you get.

Robert

I tried my 30 connector box on the house then tried my 110 adapter in an exterior outlet still almost nothing works . I have the Intellic 620 board in the power management box / breaker box if that helps .I am worried about starting it because of fears of shorting something out

IF 220 was applied to the RV it can damage the power converter and some of the appliances. Hard to make 220 volt when you are plugged into a 30 amp service unless it is not wired correct. You should have one leg of 110 volt coming in.. You have to test the supply, below is a link on how it should be wired. I would start the generator and see if you have 110 or 220. IF you have 110 coming into the RV then it has to be the supply. Again 220 can damage the power converter, microwave, possibly the fridge and roof AC unit.

Really need to plug in direct to a good known source with no cords and adapters to see what happens.

I might consider having a mobile RV tech or shop take a look at this.

Robert

30 amp wiring.

http://www.myrv.us/Imgs/PDF/30-amp%20Service.pdf

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic