RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Air system on wall. Need some heat and it comes on for just…

Air system on wall...

Air system on wall. Need some heat and it comes on for just a few minutes(2+) then shuts off

Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the coolant level? Has there been any leaking from the hoses?

I’m not a mechanic, just a woman who has some knowledge. This seems to be an electric issue. How do you check coolant level and what hoses

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

Thor Ace 2015

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

I have not tried to fix it as I dont have the expertise. Could some one give me basic things to try

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

No thanks

Answered in 1 minute by:
4/10/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please allow me several mins to type a response.
Thanks, Robert

Sounds like you are trying to use the propane furnace with the thermostat. When you turn the thermostat on and select the furnace setting and raise the temp the blower motor should kick on. After the blower motor comes on the electrode will spark and the gas solenoid opens up to light of the propane.

IF you actually feel heat coming out of the ducting then this could be a few things.

To start off locate the propane tank and shut the valve on the tank, slowly open it back up and then run the stove burners for a few mins and then try to start the furnace again. Sometimes if the valve on the tank is opened to fast the regulator can lock up and you may not get the proper pressure, slowly open the valve and then run the burners and then try again.

Make sure you also have good DC battery voltage, if the battery voltage was below 12 volts the furnace may stop working on you.

I might also blow out the exhaust really good, get an air nozzle and blow it out. Sometimes mud daubers can get inside the burner and make nests, when this happens the furnace does not have the proper air flow. Typically see this more on units that sit for an extended period.

Beyond that may need a mobile RV tech or shop to have a look, could be a faulty circuit board, bad high limit etc.

No more then one hour to diagnose.

Hope this helps.
Robert

Sorry I am not available for calls, I do not offer the phone service, the company does for an additional charge, another RV expert may take the call if they feel they can assist you.

Robert

Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Phone call session started