RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

My fridge isn't cold enough. There are settings from 1 to 5.

Customer Question
My fridge isn't cold...

My fridge isn't cold enough. There are settings from 1 to 5. It is a Dometic fridge. Is 1 the coldest or warmest?

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

2018 Keystone Montana High Country fifth wheel.

Mechanic's Assistant: Besides this, what condition is the Pontiac in?

Almost brand new, no other issues

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Montana yourself? What have you tried so far?

Nothing. I don't know what to try.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

There is one more issue. One of the kitchen sink drains backs up.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
4/7/2020
RV Mechanic: Randall, RVIA Certification replied 2 years ago
Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification

Hi! My name is ***** ***** I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

okay

Please give me the model number of this fridge and tell me if this is installed in a slide out or not?

No thanks. I don't want to do this. Sorry

And do? you have two gray tanks on this? If so, I am wondering if you drained BOTH of them last time you drained the tanks

This WILL be under warranty and perhaps that would be the best way to resolve this by calling your local dealer. Randall

I am adding a link to the Service Manual for a 1350 model which I suspect this is. Print this out so you have it. See the section on testing the thermister as that is probably what is wrong here as long as the fridge was properly installed with the proper clearances and venting. I find a good number both here and in my shop that aren't installed correctly. http://bryantrv.com/docs2/docs/Service%20Manual,%20RM1350.pdf