RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

How do I find out if my 2005 Fleetwood Regal PRL 365 FLST is…

Customer Question
How do I find...

How do I find out if my 2005 Fleetwood Regal PRL 365 FLST is prewired for a generator.

Mechanic's Assistant: Okay, I'll connect you to the Mechanic to go over that information regarding your Cadillac Fleetwood. Before I do, is there anything else you want him to know?

This camper has two forward slides with couches on both sides how wide are they

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
4/4/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Thanks

You would want to contact fleetwood direct with all the coach information.

I can say if it was pre wired you would have an automatic transfer switch, the ATS detects the incoming power source and switches between shore and generator power, many times if a RV is prepped they hook the shore power side up to it and then when the generator is installed they hook the generator side up. Follow the shore cord it will go directly to the transfer switch. IF it goes to the breaker panel then it is nor pre-wired. Hard question because any given year they might prep only a handful of them as an added option. I would follow the shore line and see if it leads to a transfer switch.

Robert

Not needed I don't have the camper here yet I was given the camper from my sister in NY they are bringing it out to me in Minnesota. it currently has two Batt for the slides this camper was on a site since new and is in excellent condition but I just wanted to know if it is prewired for a generatorAlso do you know where I can get a maint manual for this camper

They do not have per say maintenance manuals there are some very good books and web sites to get information on the appliances.

I will check and see if any owners manual is available, because of the year that might not be possible. I will send you some links that might be helpful for you shortly.

Robert

Ok thank you I will do that, If it is prewired how hard is it to install an RV Onan generator, I am looking at a 6500 LPI am a mechanic and have access to wire toners. will that cable be buried in a wall or exposed in the basement

So a few links for you. I am sending a spec sheet, a good book on maintenance ( I have this book been a RV tech for 25 years) and the final link is a site where you will find service manuals for the appliances.

Not very hard if it is pre-wired, it would probably need to be a LP generator and you would need dual tanks or a very large tank to run it. I would let the Onan people install one, I honestly do not know if 6500 would work for that unit, a 3000 would be more ideal. I just looked at the specs and it does not mention generator prep, they normally will. You could always do a portable honda generator they are popular, below is a link for that as well, so lots of links.

https://library.rvusa.com/brochure/Fleetwood2005_pr_f.pdf

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/9893427-rv-repair-and-maintenance-manual

http://bryantrv.com/docs.html

https://powerequipment.honda.com/generators/recreational-generators

Hard for me to say on the routing of the cable, you will see the shore line as that is what you plug into power, follow it. I doubt this is going to be prepped as the spec sheets say no mention of it.

Robert

That is awesome thanks for the help I am just doing my research camper should be here next week

No problem at all.

Glad I could help.

Have a good weekend and stay safe!

Robert

You to Robert thanks

No problem.

Robert