RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

Help! 2018 hemisphere 326rl. Lights and main air don't work.

Customer Question
2018 hemisphere 326rl Mechanic's...

2018 hemisphere 326rl

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your RV yourself? What have you tried so far?

Lights and main air don't work

Mechanic's Assistant: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?

Battery is dead

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

The only thing that works is refrigerator microwave tv and back bed a/c All fuses are good

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
3/27/2020
RV Mechanic: Robert, RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Robert
Robert, RV Mechanic

Hi, I'm Robert. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now and will post back with your reply momentarily.

ThanksNo just textThe battery is dead. Does that make the ligh6work?We checked fuses and all are goodNo light on inverter

The power is split AC power and DC power.

IF the battery is dead then normally your DC power is not going to work. The DC power would be the lights, furnace, water heater etc.

The AC power is strictly the microwave, outlets and TV.

YES I would get a new battery or charge the one up that is dead and then go from there.

When you are plugged in the power converter should be charging the battery..

Robert

Refrigerator works also microwave and tv workwe are plugged inwe just have to wait for the battery to charge?Does the main a/c work off battery?

Get the battery charged up or replaced and then go from there, it could be the entire issue. IF you still need more help then let me know. As I said the power is split, AC power and DC power. The converter should be charging the battery plugged in.

I might have the battery load tested to make sure it is good, if the battery is good then the converter may not be charging it, you should have over 13 volts at the battery.

Robert

Should the light on the inverter be on?Will the battery charge if the inverter light isnt on

That depends if you have both a power converter and inverter. IF the battery voltage is to low the light on the inverter would not turn on. The inverter would shut down to protect the batteries when the voltage gets to low.

I would need to know the make and model of the inverter. IF you have both a power converter and inverter then the power converter normally does the charging and the inverter is only used when you are not plugged in and need some AC power. IF the inverter was left on not plugged in it can drain the batteries.

Get me the make and model of the inverter.

Thank you!

No problem at all.

Robert