Randall
Randall, RVIA Certification
Experience:  RVDA/RVIA Master Certified Technician with many years experience.
21664427

We have a2017 jayco and beside the power connection on the

Hello, we have a2017 jayco and beside the power connection on the outside of the van there is a Ariel socket. As we are inside a shed, we assume that we could plug our portable sky dish into this and have it outside the shed picking up signal. But can’t get it going .
JA: What year is your SKY?
Customer: just checkling
JA: Are you fixing your SKY yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the dish on the van works fine but we are in a shed so we are trying to use the portable dish. Is that plug on the outside the correct portable sky dish into?
JA: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No thanks

Hi! My name is Randall and I can assist you with this. I may need some additional information from you first in order to give a complete answer.

Please give me a few minutes to type up an answer for you here. Thanks!

Good evening! Thank you for bringing your question to us here at Just Answer. I apologize for the delay in someone getting to your question! Thank you for your patience. Sometimes we get overwhelmed with questions and some of our techs may be on vacation.

I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble hooking up your dish system as a portable model. I have an RV repair facility and work on these for a living and I can tell you that there isn't one, but you can add one fairly easily.

I hope this points you in the right direction here. Please get back to me again later if you need additional assistance with this as all follow ups are included in our one time fee. No time limit. Thanks! Randall in RV

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok how come the portable cord fits into that external plug?

It might, but most systems do not have that option. Make sure that is what this is for. There are other systems that use that style plug.