RV

Have RV questions? Ask an RV mechanic online.

No water in kitchen faucet or cold in bathtub. just

Customer Question
No water in kitchen...

No water in kitchen faucet or cold in bathtub. just dribbled. Replaced the sink faucet in kitchen. There is no links in water line

Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your RV?

Heartland edge 2015 ( that’s on trailer tag but dealer says it’s a 2016)

Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Edge yourself? What have you tried so far?

We actually just purchased it and it’s our first trip.

Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you?

Husband put a new regulator on , put on a new filter, flush system twice , new kitchen faucet

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: RV
3/16/2020
RV Mechanic: Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic replied 2 years ago
Chris (aka-Moose), RV Mechanic

Welcome to Just Answer I'm Chris aka Moose, I'm sorry you are having problems with your RV water. I will do my best to help you get this resolved. If I happen to be helping another or step away during our communication, please know I will follow up as soon as I am back available/online.

• Is this affecting cold and hot?
  • Is this affecting the toilet and bathroom sink?
  • Are you getting good flow from the hose end when disconnected from the camper?
cold and hot both. The sink and commodes in both bathrooms are working fine. The shower in guest bathroom works. In master hot works. Not coldI do not want to call. I m telling my husband your responsesHe put on a new regulator, new filter, put in a new kitchen faucet , there is no kinks in the line. Screens in all faucets checked

Thanks, ***** ***** get good pressure at some but not others. This indicates the concern is likely calcium build up that has blocked or clogged the sprayers or the lines to the cold and hot valves. On faucets or showers that are affected on the cold and hot. Remove the spray nozzle and see if you get good flow now. If so then you need to disassemble the plumbing where the water flow can be restricted to resolve this. Calcium buildup and sometimes sand has affected my camper the same way even with a really good filter in place. Normally I can resolve this by just taking apart and cleaning the spray end, but I have had to prior take apart the knobs for the faucets and once I had to clean out the shut off valves to the faucets affected.

Thank you for visiting Just Answer, I hope I was able to answer your questions. If you have any follow up questions on this concern please use the reply button to let me know. If you are satisfied with my answer please reply, let me know so I can complete your question.

As I said We replaced the faucet yesterday with a brand new one and still nothing more than a dribble in the kitchenwhat you are saying is not correctI mean fixes it since the faucet is new.

Thanks for checking all those things. That means you have something inside your plumbing inside the walls that is preventing flow. That would be very odd to occur. You will need to remove the supply lines to the hot and cold valves at the affected fixtures. Disconnect the supply water hose outside the camper and try to blow the lines out using compressed air at 50 psi. Hopefully, you will not have to get into the walls to replumb the camper.

Please hold as I am telling my husband what you have said.

Here is a general diagram showing how an RV freshwater system works https://i.pinimg.com/originals/5f/d0/c0/5fd0c0a*****************1e04a38d.gif If your camper uses a one-way check valve on the city water inlet it will not be able to backflush with air, but you can flush with air in the normal direction of water flow.

Okay. Thank you. Have a good day

You are welcome